Translate

Saturday 2 February 2013

How to keep your cool

Good Morning my dear ones. Hope you all had  some good sleep. Well i did too. 

We thank God for giving us today and blessed it already for us with this article i am about to post.


Yesterday we talked about how we want our parents to treat us. Today I would want us to talk about how  we can be patient and keep our cool in difficult and tempting situations.

As I always say, kindly share your experience with us. Thank you for doing this.
Have you been accused falsely before? Well this is what happened to me last time. I wouldn`t call it false accusation but i don´t know how to call it.
 I had a phone call from one relative. She was busily accusing me on the phone and hardly allowed me to make a point. 
Nowadays I am working on myself not to loose it easily, I kept my cool, allowed her to talk and then after when I realized that she is done, I started with my own comment.

This is how the scenario was...” Hello, why have you not been picking my calls, where were you that I called that you couldn’t pick up? What were you doing? You had a clever guts to call my phone late in the night after you had finished chilling out with your friends while I was sleeping”.

I didn’t say anything, I talked to myself, calm down, don’t talk back at her, still keep your cool and show her that you can´t go crazy like her. Wow it really helped. Please always talk to yourself in search situations. In times like that a close friend around seeing how disappointed we look in the face might tell us to calm down but what if that friend is not around, we need to be that friend to us.

So I greeted her, asked how she was doing and that of her family, and then I told her to calm down herself. Afterwards, I told her that I was at work and that I couldn’t pick up her call and talk to her because it wasn’t convenient. She actually knows I wasn’t working on that day but unfortunately for her I had to step in for a colleague who wasn’t feeling well.

Hmmmm I expected her to maybe apologize but I didn’t get that. I was still not pissed off, I was in fact very surprised at myself that i could remain that calm, I still heard from her voice that she was a bit ashamed of her reaction.

Brethren let see what the bible says about situations like these. Open your bibles to James 1:19- 20.
The bible is telling us to “be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; for the anger of man does not achieve the righteousness of God”. Amen!!!

Again read with me James 5:7-8,   Romans 15:5. Have a nice day!


No comments:

Post a Comment